Sunday, February 24, 2008

as of late

I've been reading...lots.
I've had so much time on my hands. It's been nice.
My trade show work is done and I've been lovin' on my kids, guilt free of course.
Who cares about the house. When it gets bad enough, I'll clean it.
Who cares about scrapbooking, when I get the urge, I"ll do it. I did some projects for me the other day, can you believe it? For ME. That doesn't happen much these days. I've also re-organized a little in the craft room. Well, I'm in the middle of a re-working of the the product placement. That is fancy for my scrapbook room is a pig sty.

So here are my book reviews:










The Undomesticated Goddess is a very funny, slightly (ok, very) girlie read.
After finding unexpected tragedy in her over-priced law practice, a superbly witty and overly tired gal finds herself cleaning house for a couple. The couple remind me of the Ropers on Three's Company. Great read for girls who can keep a house. Or for girls who can't.
I got this book from a good friend shortly before going to pick up Quin but just found the time to read it. I liked it so much that I bought her new book, Shopaholic and Baby and well, it's not near as good.









I'm not a real Stephen King fan. I find that if it takes 3 pages to describe a single element in a crime, I really don't have the patience for it.
He actually wrote this book early in his career and just now published it. He explains why in the preface. The writing syle is different and I liked it. He really gets right to it.
You know what, it was a great book. The main character is likable but crazy all on account of his abusive father. A good portion of the story tells how he sets out to make a buck or two in life. I'll be honest, it's a little hard on the heart at times. Quite often the anticipation was so great that I debated between throwing it in the trash or staying up till dawn to finish.
Good read. Highly recommended. Maybe I'll even try one of his more recent novels. Maybe.












Great book. I started back at work recently and well, working full time can have it's challenges, so I opted to get off on a good foot by reading this book.
It was really good and not only helped me understand the big picture, but gave me some basic tools on dealing with people and becoming more effective.








Currently, I'm reading I am Legend. We all now know the story of Robert Neville. Will Smith rocked the house on the silver screen just recently. I heard the book was good and it has some other short stories for your reading pleasure. I'm just a few chapters in but it's pretty intense so far and that always makes for a good read right before flipping the switch on the lamp and drifting off into dreamland. To be honest, it's making me have nightmares. Will report when finished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see pictures of yur scrapbook room I'm always looking for new ideas. I'm jelous you have time to read, I am in the middle of 3 books and can't finish any of them. sigh....

Unknown said...

I read that shopaholic one too. I thought it was a hoot! Esp. the greenhouse scene...oh-la-la!

I want to see your new schtuff!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am so glad you liked the Sophie Kinsella book. You need to start reading the Shopacholic series from the beginning. I think the one you read is the last one in the series. They are funny too!! Jenn