
Boston wants Santa to come. He wants presents. He wants trains and toys and means business when he says he needs more track. He knows that Santa will bring a "big train" but can't hardly keep himself contained. Sometimes he breaks down and with no more will power left will cry and whine for snow on the ground (the prelude to Santa). He's been watching Polar Express almost every day, asking about the train and how big his train will be, if that's the Santa coming to see him.
I taught him how to make a wish at a water fountain. It was one of those times as a parent when explaining something to your child was a great privilige. I explained what a wish was... "something you want or want to happen and you throw the money and say the wish at the same time". He cleaned my girlfriend and I out of unwanted change. For his last wish, he gathered all the energy he could muster and with big strong arms swinging broadly, threw his pennies and said aloud, "Fow a twain". In went the dimes and pennies to the bottom of the water fountain along with the great hopes of one little boy.
So now when he discovers it's not the day for Santa, there is no snow on the ground and Mom doesn't have any surprises in her car, he will say, in his tender little 3 year old way, "but Mom, I just maked a wish". Oh, Santa, hurry up!
No comments:
Post a Comment