Wednesday, August 16, 2006

to mac or not to mac

We need a new computer. We constantly get viruses and I need something reliable. My Dad builds computers and so I haven't had to spend money on a computer in about 7 years. Pretty nice but lately some of my friends have been swearing by thier macs. They say that mac's don't get viruses and is more user friendly for the "artist".
So I'm just wondering if it might be for me. I would love for my life to be virus free and think that if I'm going to switch over, I might as well do it now, because, well, I'm 33.
My only thing is that I have to pay for a mac. ugh. me don't like paying for computers.
but I guess if I have hopes on ever being a real "artist" I need to have this. Just like the college student needs highlighters and note cards, just like the salesman needs a brief case and just like the cook needs knives, I suppose I need a mac.
We'll see what comes of it. Another bonus is that I've made more than ever at scrapbooking this year and can use it as a tax write off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura.
I was having this exact debate yesterday with dh and sister. I was planning to get a mac for Christmas.
My sister made a very valid point -if you buy a mac you better have someone close and accessible that knows how mac's operate.
This single comment has made me re-think my decision. Good thing we have a few months until Christmas, but anywho, let me know what you decide to do!
Kristie, CP